Mr. Hodos is the Tax Department coordinator. With more than 10 years of experience, he provides advice on tax, corporate, intellectual property and media/IT legal issues for a wide range of international and domestic clients. His background in computer science and economy also enables him to understand the specific challenges faced by clients in these sectors.
Chambers recognized him as Foreign Expert for his expertise and extensive knowledge of the French market, noting he is “dual-qualified to practice in the Dominican Republic and France.” He is qualified to practice law in the Dominican Republic, France and Canada. In addition, Mr. Hodos is a key contact for clients looking to invest in the Dominican Republic and in France.
Mr. Hodos is the founder of the Tax Law Masters, IP and IT Law Masters at PUCMM and a professor in Tax Law, Media Law, Sports Law, Telecoms Law and Contract and Tort Law at PUCMM. He lectured in New Technologies Law and Tax Law at UNIBE; and in Telecoms Law, New Technologies, Computers Law and IP at APEC, and Economic and Financial Law in UASD. He is also a law professor at Escuela Nacional de la Judicatura.
He was previously a judicial expert at Hubert BITAN in Paris, France and an editorial board member on Lexis Nexis’ E-Communication & E-Commerce law magazine. Furthermore, Mr. Hodos is a judicial interpreter authorized by the Supreme Court of Justice of the Dominican Republic.
- Advised a multinational cable and telecoms company in the acquisition of two major telecoms service providers in Dominican Republic.
- Advised a major auction website in one of the most significant Trademark Distribution and Counterfeits cases.
- Advised a major Operating System Editor in a key case relating to limitation of liability clause interpretation.
- The controversial Tax Liability regarding Capital Gain when buying shares, Gaceta Judicial, Gaceta Judicial Editions, October 2019
- The TC/0075/16 Judgement: Legal Pandora’s Box for the Freedom of Speech, Pesquisas Magazine, PUCMM. May 2017
- 3D Printing: Legal Pandora´s Box, Anuario Dominicano de la Propiedad Intelectual (ANUDOPI), Funglode. August 2016
- Telecoms, Media and Internet Laws & Regulations, International Comparative Legal Guide. 2015
- Copyright 2013, Getting the Deal Through. 2013
- Copyright 2012, Getting the Deal Through. 2012
- Fiscal pressure is consistent throughout 2011, Revista Mercado. 2012
- Increased numbers protecting IP in Dominican Republic, Corporate International Magazine. 2012
- Won it on E-Bay: E-Commerce Platforms and Liability, World Intellectual Property Review. 2012
- Copyright 2011, Getting the Deal Through. 2011
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Canadian Bar Association
- Dominican Bar Association
- International Trademark Association (INTA), member of Academic Committee
- Mensa International
- Paris Bar Association
- Sports Lawyers Association (SLA)
- Master in Private Law, Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne University, France. 2020
- PhD in Intellectual Property and Civil Liability, Lorraine University, France. Currently pursuing
- Master of Economics (specialty in Digital Economy), Paris II Panthéon-Assas University, France. Valedictorian. 2009
- Master in Intellectual Property & IT Law, Paris II Panthéon-Assas University, France. Valedictorian. 2008
- Master in Tax and Business Law, Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne University, France. 2006
- Law Degree, Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne University, France. 2005
- Computer Science Degree (specialty in telecommunications), Paris VI Pierre et Marie Curie University, France. 2001
Back to top