José Manuel Batlle
Mr. Batlle’s practice focuses exclusively on dispute resolution for a wide range of significant multinational organizations and Dominican Republic businesses.
His extensive experience advising on high value, bet the company disputes includes advising clients from the hotel, aviation, maritime, tourism and financial sectors, amongst others.
He works with clients on civil and commercial disputes relating to trade mark and other IP violations, labor disputes, mortgage defaults, seizure of goods, land right disputes and arbitrations.
- Advised a multinational cable and telecoms company in the acquisition of the two major telecoms service providers in Dominican Republic.
- Represented several Spanish hotels groups on a US$ multi million Tax claim against the Dominican Republic Tax authorities
- Represented an international hotel group in a US$ multi million claim for unfair dismissal filed by two of their senior Dominican Republic managers.
- Represented a casino owner on an arbitration with the casino lessee.
- Represented an airline company on several claims filed by passengers seeking compensation for lost luggage or flight delays.
- Represented the biggest bank in the Dominican Republic on several seizures of goods and US$ multi million debt collections.
- Represented a hotel company in several land disputes in Bávaro and Punta Cana.
- Represented several well-known multinational companies in criminal actions for violation of their trade mark rights.
- “The Legal and Economic Impact of the Implementation of the International Code for the Security of Ships and Port Facilities (ISPS) in the Dominican Republic.” Essay awarded third place at the 2007 Iberomerican Maritime Law Congress
- Dominican Bar Association
- Master in Constitutional Law and Fundamental Rights, Pontificia Universidad Católica Madre y Maestra (PUCMM) and Universidad de Castilla-La Mancha, Spain. Currently pursuing
- Master in Civil Procedural Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica Madre y Maestra (PUCMM). 2009
- LL.B., Pontificia Universidad Católica Madre y Maestra (PUCMM). 2006
Back to top