Mrs. Báez-George advises clients on real estate and financing transactions and has an extensive practice advising on litigation in both sectors and in general civil and commercial disputes.
She works with major multinational and Dominican Republic corporations on civil and commercial litigation matters, including seizure of goods and claims for damages.
In addition, Mrs. Báez-George advises financial institutions and real estate clients on recovery actions and foreclosures, particularly in relation to mortgage defaults.
On the non-contentious side, Mrs. Báez-George works with clients on a wide range of non-contentious commercial legal issues relating to contracts and complex financings.
She also advises Dominican Republic investors on mergers and acquisitions and real estate transactions, where her deep understanding of dispute resolution helps in the proactive avoidance of disputes.
- Advised a multinational cable and telecoms company in the acquisition of the two major telecoms service providers in Dominican Republic.
- Advised a distributor in connection with a loss and damages lawsuit filed against a manufacturer for termination of a distribution agreement for several lines of products.
- Represented creditors in a mortgage recovery processes and other credit collection actions.
- Represented several foreign investors in the tourism industry in connection with claims regarding rights over real estate.
- Advised lenders in connection with complex loan contracts.
- Advised a Dominican Republic investor in the acquisition of a supermarket and retail business.
- Advised investor on the purchase of a local hotel by a Spanish hotel chain.
- Contributor to the Comparative Litigation Project Reports, Harvard University and Lex Mundi, 2001-2003
- Contributor to the Doing Business, The World Bank and the International Finance Corporation, 2006-2008
- Dominican Bar Association
- J.D., Universidad Autónoma de Santo Domingo (UASD), 1984
Back to top