Práxedes J.Castillo Báez
Mr. Castillo has extensive experience in financing operations, complex transactions, mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, contracts and foreign investment. He has advised widely on commercial contracts and both civil and commercial litigation.
Mr. Castillo is recognized by leading legal benchmarking publications as a leader is his field. Chambers ranked him in Band 1 in real estate and tourism for this solid experience in this sector and in Band 2 for corporate and commercial. Clients describe him as an “excellent and “a very good business lawyer” who is “deeply experienced, as well as being a strong leader who is aware of all the transactions.” Clients also note “His negotiation skills are highly impressive.”
Legal 500 ranked him as a leading lawyer in real estate and tourism and recommended Mr. Castillo for corporate and commercial work. Clients describe the “savvy, strategic” Mr. Castillo as a “bastion of legal advice in the banking sector”.
He has also been named in IFLR 1000 as a leading lawyer for banking, capital markets and M&A work. Mr. Castillo is praised for his “high attention to details, strong problem solving and successful deliveries.”
- Represented a multinational cable and telecoms company in the acquisition of two major telecoms service providers in Dominican Republic.
- Legal counsel to a syndicate of international banking entities lenders in connection with the refinancing of certain credit facilities in the amount of Five Hundred Million Dollars (US$500,000,000.00)
- Regularly represents local and foreign banks in connection with multimillion dollar loans and project financings.
- Assisted a private industrial group in the purchase of local assets owned by a multinational oil company.
- Represented the issuer in a RD$500 million public offering of corporate bonds by a local financing entity, registered with the Superintendencia de Valores (SIV).
- Represented the issuer in a RD$4,100million public offering of corporate bonds by a local financing entity, registered with the Superintendencia de Valores (SIV).
- Advised a foreign entity on Dominican regulatory matters and gathering of license to provide satellite television services.
- Acted as local counsel in the first and, to date, only IPO by a Dominican company on the NYSE.
- Honorary legal advisor to the Presidency of the Dominican Republic (2000-2004).
- Acted as counsel for the issuer in the first public offering of securities on the Dominican stock exchange.
- Dominican Bar Association
- Dominican Association of Notaries
- Inter-American Bar Association
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Inter-American Association of Intellectual Property (ASIPI)
- Inter-American Businessmen Association
- National Association of Young Entrepreneurs (ANJE)
- Dominican-Mexican Chamber of Commerce, Director-Vocal (former president)
- Dominican-Chinese Chamber of Commerce
- Dominican-French Chamber of Commerce
- Dominican-Canadian Chamber of Commerce
- Foundation of Institutionalism and Justice (FINJUS), Member of the Board of Directors
- Regional Center of Sustainable Economic Strategies (CREES), Founding Member and Member of the Board of Directors
- Commercial Law Degree, Paris Economy, Social Sciences and Law University, France. 1990
- J.D., Universidad Nacional Pedro Henríquez Ureña (UNPHU), 1988
- Diploma in US Law and Legal Institutions, University Of Wisconsin, USA. 1987
Back to top