Luis E. Pimentel
Mr. Pimentel is the Managing Partner of Castillo y Castillo. He advises clients on a range of corporate matters but focuses on Intellectual Property copyright and e-commerce.
Legal 500 highlights him as one of the practitioners to note for corporate and finance work. Chambers Global and Chambers Latin America have recognized his work advising on trademarks, particularly in relation to the telecoms sector.
He drafted the Rules of Application for Law 20-00 on Industrial Property, which was revised by the Government Committee to form the Official Rules of Application for Law 20-00 of Industrial Property that was enacted by Congress.
Mr. Pimentel provides hands-on support as IP manager and advisor for a range of multinational companies in the telecommunications, retail, agribusiness and banking sectors and advises on the protection and exploitation of industrial property.
In recognition of his market-leading IP practice, for over five years Mr. Pimentel was a member of the Board of Directors of the Dominican Association of Intellectual Property Inc. (ADOPI) and in 2010 was appointed to the Non-traditional Marks Subcommittee of the International Trademark Association (INTA).
- Advised a multinational cable and telecoms company in the acquisition of two major telecoms service providers in Dominican Republic.
- Advised the purchaser on the copyright aspects of the acquisition by the National Company of Reproduction Rights of the works of a major international artist.
- Advised on the IP portfolio aspects of the purchase by a leading multinational telecommunications company of the largest telecommunications company in the Dominican Republic.
- Parallel Imports and Border Measures in DR/CAFTA, Managing Intellectual Property, 2009
- Interview with owners of well-known or famous trade marks in the Dominican Republic, Gaceta Judicial, 2009
- Dominican Bar Association
- Dominican Association of Intellectual Property (ADOPI)
- National Association of Young Entrepreneurs (ANJE)
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- LL.M. in Intellectual Property, Universidad de Alicante, Spain. 2003
- LL.B., Pontificia Universidad Católica Madre y Maestra (PUCMM). 1999
Back to top