José E. Hernández Machado
Dr. Machado advises on civil and commercial matters. He has extensive experience in real estate, private arbitration, private insurance and contentious administrative law.
For over 26 years, Dr. Machado played a significant role in the Dominican judiciary as a judge, including in the Court of First Instance, the Supreme Court and the Courts of Appeal in Santo Domingo.
As a judge, Dr. Machado participated in numerous lawsuits, disputes and arbitrations, frequently handing down judgments in cases of national legal importance, and contributing to jurisprudence in several areas of positive law at appeal and cassation level.
He also served as Legal Counsel of the State Sugar Council (CEA) for seven years, General Secretary and Legal Counsel of the Central Electoral Board (JCE) and Judge of the Electoral Board of the National District, and as Notary Public.
- Participant in the XIII Meeting of Presidents of the Supreme Courts of Justice of Central America, Dominican Republic and Mexico. Held in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, November 2003
- Participant in the XI Meeting of Presidents and Justices of Supreme Courts and Constitutional Courts of Latin America. Held in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, November 2004
- Participant in the IX, X, XI and XII Congress of Presidents and Constitutional Magistrates in Latin America. Held in Florianopolis, Brazil, Chile, Dominican Republic and Uruguay respectively.
- Dominican Bar Association
- Dominican College of Notaries
- J.D., Universidad de Santo Domingo. 1957
Back to top