Americo Moreta Castillo
Mr. Moreta advises commercial entities and financial institutions on dispute resolution, finance and real estate matters. His practice also includes advising clients on criminal and labor law.
He was twice nominated as a candidate for the role of Judge to the Supreme Court of Justice, in 1997 and 2011.
Mr. Moreta was a professor at Universidad Nacional Pedro Henríquez Ureña (UNPHU), Universidad Iberoamericana (UNIBE) and Pontificia Universidad Católica Madre y Maestra (PUCMM), where he lectures on law.
- The Royal Audience of Santo Domingo, 2010
- History of the Dominican Judicial System, 2004 (awarded the National History Award in 2005)
- Judicial Power in the Trujillo Era, 1999
- Passenger Air Transport Liability, 1999
- Justice in 16th Century Santo Domingo, 1998
- Seizure of Garnishment, 1993
- Dominican Bar Association
- Dominican Association of Notaries
- Inter-American Bar Association
- Dominican History Academy
- Dominican Institute of Genealogy
- J.D., Universidad de Sevilla, Spain. Currently pursuing
- Master of Advanced Studies (MAS), Universidad de Sevilla, Spain. 2005
- Training at the Ecole Nationale de la Magistrature a Paris et Bordeaux, France. 1998
- LL.B., Universidad Nacional Pedro Henríquez Ureña (UNPHU). Graduated Summa Cum Laude. 1980
Back to top