Mrs. Guzmán works primarily with clients on Intellectual Property issues. Her practice includes advising international and domestic businesses on administrative and contentious trade mark procedures, management of IP and brand portfolios, due diligence, contracts and agreements related to trademarks, contracts and copyright.
She also advises on distribution and commercial contracts and counsel on Law 173 compliance.
Chambers Latin America 2014 ranks Mrs. Guzmán in Band 4 for her IP expertise. She is rated by sources as “One of the team’s most high-profile IP lawyers,” and is “Involved in a range of contentious and non-contentious work.”
In addition, she works with pharmaceutical, agriculture, food and beverage companies and sanitary registration.
- Advised a multinational cable and telecoms company in the acquisition of the two major telecoms service providers in the Dominican Republic.
- Legal protection of three-dimensional designs: trademarks or industrial designs, Gaceta Judicial. 2011
- Dominican Bar Association
- Dominican Association of Intellectual Property (ADOPI)
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Inter-American Association of Industrial Property (ASIPI)
- Masters in Business Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica Madre y Maestra (PUCMM), 2008
- LL.B., Pontificia Universidad Católica Madre y Maestra (PUCMM), 2005
- French (basic knowledge)
Back to top